How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rob Your Own Question
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 420
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Rob is online now

I have just had a fitted kitchen supplied by Magnet. Among

Customer Question

I have just had a fitted kitchen supplied by Magnet.
Among the appliances is a Gas Hob labelled AEG HG795440ONB 70 G/HB and, in addition a part just labelled Hob Guard. This is a large shallow pan with various minor features in way of slots and what are obviously slots for screw fixings on the shallow sides.
What is this for?
Is it a splash panel which should be fixed to the wall behind the hob, or a cover to place over the hob itself. The latter is unlikely because it doesn't sit right.
I suspect the former although I would expect the item would have been made available in the colour except white enamel.
Magnet sales never mentioned it, the dealer doesn't know and the fitter,who was very very good had not seen one before and also did not know precisely what it was.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Would you kindly let me have the pnc for this appliance which is on the rating label and I'll have a look for you - The pnc is not the model number as listed above but a 9 or 11 number code.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The appliance is a 5-burner hop of the type described on the delivery order and asdeliniated in my question.The hob is installed and no access is possible to any serial no. or pnc (? what is this). The number quoted is 9-11 characters long.
The query is about an object described as a hob guard and not the hob itself which can be identified in the Magnet literature.If this is not enough, I will switch to a live call.Thanks for responding so quickly.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Does it have a part number ?? Whilst I understand your question it will be difficult for me to do other than guess without further information - are you able to send me a picture. I've checked the files covering your product and there are 48 different versions of the appliance.

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Does it look like the attached --

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

OK can you let me have a picture of it so that I have some idea of what we are discussing - does it have a part number attached to it?

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Attach the photo to your post using the paperclip.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Photo attached. Hope it is clear enough. It is just a simple three sided shallow tray.
I had a manager from the Magnet H.O. on the phone last night and he hadn't got a definitive answer, but admitted that Magnet had dozens of enquiries about this item. That didn't fill me with confidence. If anybody can get access to AEG at senior level it must be Magnet.
He did have an idea that it might be an accessory that belonged to the electric induction hob version of their range and is some sort of radiation/heat/anti interference device. He is promising to ring me back. (yeah, yeah yeah).
Because Magnet do not understand their products they are sending these things out with EVERY appliance!!!
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

OK well abit of an update, I have spoken to AEG and the only hob guard they supply is the one I mentioned earlier. I think this must just be a Magnet supplied item?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your helpRegardsDerek McBride