carlday1, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have 5 years experience in repairing and maintaining small domestic appliances.

How can we remove griddle ring from ringmaster 110, Claret

how can we remove griddle ring from ringmaster 110 , Claret ,5423 finding hard to see how to remove for replacement ring best way please do do this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
which is quicker call or text?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just text not call

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. Which parts are you trying to replace is it the griddle element?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its the griddle element, finding it hard to see how to take other one off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its on a hinge but can't see how to remove
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have you got an answer?

I am just looking into it bear with me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no call just text please

Could you send me a photo of the element on the cooker. I cannot find disassembly instructions in the service manual. The element is normally held into place with a bolt between the power terminals. Have you removed the wiring to the element.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have removed wire and bolt with spacer

Could you send me a photo of the complete top of the cooker. I think you need to remove the top of the cooker to to replece the element. It is normally not as hard as it sounds

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
heres photo

Have you removed the wires from the element? From what I can see is there are 2 nuts that are holding the element in place these are next to the terminals. These may be accessed by the back panel.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
these are rivets and can't access from back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they are attached to the hindge

Ok, does the element not pull forward. Maybe you need to place a screw driver between the hinge and the back of the cooker.

Can you see any screws that could be screwing the hinge to the frame. The manuals I have are not very clear.

Does the new element have the hinge attached? I have looked at a picture of the new element from my supplier and it does not have the hinge attached.

Could I have a photo the back of the element. From what I can tell the element should pull out of the hinge

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no hinge not attached on new srews attaching it to back , will take photo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is the back of the new one, i can't take photo from behind hinge

Is the old element rivet threaded like that one?

Are you able to get a photo of the old element at the back where the rivets are.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no i can't , i assume they are threaded

If they are threaded I would expect a nut to be on them and that is what is holding it in place. Have you removed the back panel of the oven?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but wasn't accessible

Ok You will have to take the top off the cooker then to access it.

There should be a few screws on the side you will also need to remove the middle fascia bar it looks on the part diagram to be one piece I expect this pulls forward to be removed. You may also need to remove the back vents.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok we will try that, but going away for a couple of days so it will be friday i think before we can , i will let you know if we have success thank you

I will look and see if I can find exactly how to do it and I will message you. Enjoy your break

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you, ***** ***** !

Have you had any luck in removing the element. Let me know if you need more help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we managed to replace it thankyou .