KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years

My washing machine cycle has stopped at 1 minute to go. I

my washing machine cycle has stopped at 1 minute to go. I have treid other cycles etc but it still shows 1 minute to go and I cannot get the door to open>

Hi, welcome to Just answer .... please tell me its complete model number and how old is it ?
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot find model number. Bought bout 5 years ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It starts with E nr and is located on the door

Have you opened the drain filter located at bottom front of the washer to clean it completely ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will I do that?

OK with the washer unplugged clean it and make sure the impeller inside is turning freely

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cleaned it & impeller moving freely

OK try spin only and let me know how it goes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is now spinning on a 10 minute cyle

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Finished but still sitting at 1 minute and door will not open,

OK pull it out and remove the back panel ... then locate the drain pump and drain hose ... clean it completely... it seems something is stuck causing this issue, after the water is drained out you will be able to open the door

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did all that gave it a spin but still door is not opening.

have you also cleaned the hose from pump to the drum ? if everything has been cleaned then it is the door lock that is bad and will replacement... usually the problem is solved after cleaning the pump

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No good.