How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Your Own Question
Michael, Customer Service
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 9568
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Michael is online now

I need to replace a waterproof electric box that is

This answer was rated:

I need to replace a waterproof electric box that is connected to the whirlpool bath as current box is exposed at the back. I do not know what the switch is called, so I cannot buy a replacement. Please tell me what I need to look for

Hi is that the box is called a GFI outlet power box;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great weekend!


Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I googled it but I cannot find it. Attached is a picture of what I am referring to

Hi, Oh, I see, that one is just a standard electrical junction wiring box.

How do you knwo it needs to be replaced?

I would remove the cover, then make sure there is power going to the unit using a meter to check that for voltage should be about 240 VAC. If that's all good, then simply replace the cover and use silicone rubber caulk to seal it so its water tight once again. If you still have a problem with the Whirlpool unit please let me know.

ALso please rate kindly so I can remain with you until we have this all sorted out, once you rate you will have access to me for 30 days;-) No additional cost for that either .

Thank you

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Whirlpool engineer who replaced the pump told me the box has no back and the wires can be exposed to water. Are you kayoing this box comes without a cover?

Hi thanks for that;-)

In that case, I would just measure that box, and take those measurements down to the local hardware or electrical store if you have one and they will match one up for you right there that will fit and be safe and waterproof;-)

But I would also add a GFI interrupter fro true safely from shocks.

They will knwo what you mean when you tell that GFI it stands for Ground Fault Interrupter.

If anything were ever to go wrong where there was a possibility of water and you connecting to electric it trips instantly and is resettable as well.

Im here if you need me further.

Thank you and have a great day.

Please remember to rate my service so I can remain with you.

Thank you very much.Tech Michael

Michael and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Thanks for that