How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JamesI Your Own Question
JamesI, Handyman
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 2085
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
JamesI is online now

The boilinG water central knob on my minerva tap is loose

Customer Question

the boilinG water central knob on my minerva tap is loose
how can I tighten it up
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, there are many different models of Minerva tap.

If the control knob is lose it should have a plastic bung in the centre which can be remove using a large flat object such as a small screw driver or knife.

Once this bung has been removed you should see a small Philips head screw in side the hole the bung was covering.

Generally a half turn of this screw should be sufficient to tighten the knob, once the screw is tight, use the tap and make sure your happy it is freely moving, then replace the bung.

Please let me know if you have any further queries, if you have difficulty locating the bung, please upload a photo or advise of the model of tap.



Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon, do you still require assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Just wanted to follow up to see how you require any further assistance?