How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JamesI Your Own Question
JamesI, Handyman
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 2156
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
JamesI is online now

I have a De Dietrich induction hob. After being away on

This answer was rated:

I have a De Dietrich induction hob. After being away on holiday (and I turn off all my electrics when away) When I switched the hob on , only half light up then went off and now nothing works at all.

Can you advise the model of hob you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DTI704 model 63x51cm
The numbers that appeared on the LHS when I switched it on read as follows
d4. 4G.

Unfortunately this is a very common fault, the hobs dont appear to like being left without power. Ive seen two this year, already caused by power cuts etc, I think its due to a sudden surge when the appliance is turned back on.

The fault relates to a hardware fault on the power regulator and main board, if the appliance is under warranty its worth booking an engineer for free by calling***********and press option 2, otherwise if you provide me your post code I can recommend a service company in your area.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not still under warranty I'm afraid.
My post code is SO45 6AD
Is it likely to be an expensive call out and or replacement part?

Based on experience the parts are likely to be expensive (around the £100 mark), however the error codes are rather generic so its hard to say you need this part and it will cost x, as it may just be a burnt out cable, but it could equally be the voltage regulator\stepper.

The two companies I would recommend are Marchwood (023 8098 2377) and Premier Electric (02380 582562), I havent been able to get hold of Marchwood to get a call out charge but think they are cheaper than the £70 Premier Electric charge, however Premier refund you the call out fee if you ask them to do the repair. Both companies we have used for repairs in the past and have always had excellent feedback.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your input, I will get someone in to have a look. ( Forewarned is forearmed !) Thank you. Wendy Wood

So I may close the case can you please, rate the service received.



JamesI and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you. Lets hope you are correct and I get it fixed quickly, as I am having to use a gas bottle burner outside! (bit like a camp kitchen) ok when fine but miserable when it rains!!!