How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JamesI Your Own Question
JamesI, Handyman
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 2157
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
JamesI is online now

Hiya, I had a Waeco Perfect Charge IU 252A on my narrow-boat

This answer was rated:

I had a Waeco Perfect Charge IU 252A on my narrow-boat charging 2 leisure and 1 starter battery. My useless tennant damaged the charger and I need to replace it but it appears that Waeco no longer produce this model. Am I right in thinking that the WAECO PerfectCharge MCA 1235 is the correct substitute?
Many thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually just clocked it's not the 1235, it's the 1225, sorry

Hi Sal,

I can confirm the MCA 1225 offers the same specification as the IU 252A, so would be an ideal substitute.

Please make sure you get the 12V variant, the cheapest I have seen it going for online is here at £189 inc delivery and vat.

JamesI and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you