JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.

Is there a way to disable the LED lights when you open the

is there a way to disable the LED lights when you open the blomberg freezer

Some models you can disable the lights, can you advise the model number please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Blomberg FNT3673 but seems to be marketed internationally as FNT9673 . nothing in the manuals .I do not want the LED lights which are in a strip at the top to come on when I open the door.Thanks

Unfortunately this is not something you can switch off, the only thing I can suggest is remove the panel and unplug the cable which goes to the LED strip.

Removing the panel is rather fiddley (as its not designed for being done as part of maintenance by the consumer). It should be just clipped in place, and can be removed by using a flat screw driver or spatula to prise it off.

If your not comfortable with this I can recommend an engineer to come out and do this for you, if you provide me your postcode.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi james,please see the pictures.
I removed the small panel and underneath you can see there is a larger screw which seems to hold the middle panel in place, Is it safe for me to unscrew that ? i suppose once i do that I can remove the middle "outer" panel which contains the LED underneath which i assume the cable sits ?

Correct, the screw just holds the cosmetic fascia in place.

Please let me know how you got on accessing the LED.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will do, waiting for a friend to help me with this, so far you have been very helpful..thanks

Just wanted to check in to see how you got on with the LED?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ajmes, don't worry I will rate you 5 * as soon as i take off the panel and see it si indeed there, I hope to do it tomorrow

Thanks for updating me, I am just conscious the question has been open for some time and they tend to close automatically after a few day of inactivity.

I will wait to hear back, if you get stuck send a picture over, but am sure it should be rather self explanatory once you remove the fascia.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well fiddly it was, a few shocks when the motor failed to start first time as I didn't realize it had a 6 minute delay, then ceaselss beeping till I hit a few buttons, but job achieved thanks to your help.