How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rob Your Own Question
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 420
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Rob is online now

I have a glass fronted log effect free standing gas stove

Customer Question

I have a glass fronted log effect free standing gas stove fire and need to dismantle the balanced flue pipe and external fittings. The flue pipe seems to be in sections, with a ninety degree bend about a 20" above the top of the fire.
I have unscrewed the large square plate one the wall that the flue goes through but am unable to pull it back due to the ribbed flue pipe fittings.
I know I can use a hack saw to cut through the flue but am asking you whether it is possible to manually dismantle the flue and external fittings without cutting through the flue pipe.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.

Can you upload a couple of photos?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you cancel the question please and advise me how to get a refund please.