KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

My Samsung dryer has an HE error which normally means the

My Samsung dryer has an HE error which normally means the heat exchange filter needs cleaning but the error needs reset afterwards. I need to know the sequence of keys to press to reset the error on the dryer so it can be re-used again
Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is about 2 years old
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no

Hi, welcome to Just Answer... You can try and follow steps listed in line to reset error

- Dryer must be on before Service Mode can be entered.
- Press Signal and Temp Keys for 3 seconds, or until 3 beeps are heard.
- The machine will now be in Service Mode.
- Upon entry into Service Mode, the Sensor Bar Touch Data will be shown.
- Now Switch off the dryer and start after a minute.

In case above steps aren't applicable for your dryer model then please share the complete model number of your dryer.

Let me know how it goes.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi There ... I do not think my dryer has these buttons ... the model is DV80F5E5HGW Samsung Dryer. I need the key sequence to reset the error code on this model.

To reset EEPROM for your dryer model you can unplug it from mains for approx.10 minutes. After 10 min.s plug in the dryer back in and hold down the Wrinkle Prevent and Mixed Load Bell buttons at the same time for 3 seconds.
Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Kevin ... that worked ... dryer is reset and working again ... many thanks.

That's great. Cheers!