Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a belling dish washer and at present there is an

Customer Question

I have a belling dish washer and at present there is an error code of E4n the display how do i clear this
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Could you provide me with the model number of the dishwasher?

The IDW range of dishwashers display a E4 fault code to signify a flood detected, which is often caused when water get into the bottom of the dishwasher, and trips a sensor.

Once I know the model number I can better advise how to clear it and identify the likely cause.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Model number IDW450MK2
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for confirming, with this fault you need to remove the plinth running along the bottom (below the door) and check for any sign of water.

If you see any water, with the dishwasher off, you need to use a cloth to soak it all up, if you cant see any water the next step is to strip the dishwasher down and check the the flood sensor which may have failed.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No water unde washer where is the sensor located
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

The sensor should be located on the base its attached to a float mechanism.

If you can see it, attach a few pictures from the front and back and I will see if I can identify it and direct you to it.

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

I havent heard back and just wanted to follow up to see how you got on checking the sensor?

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

I just wanted to follow up to see if the issue is now resolved?