Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Just had a visit from a Neff technician. I am extremely

Customer Question

Just had a visit from a Neff technician. I am extremely frustrated, can you help????
My oven does not reach temperature. When set on 200C fan it only reaches 190C after 30 MINUTES!!!!!
The technician said this is quite normal as there is a "tolerance" of 20 degrees C either side of the 200C set, or any other temperature set. This makes it impossible to cook ANYTHING in the oven. How is it possible to gauge cooking times or even the temperature with this range of tolerance?
When using the convection setting he advised I leave the oven on for longer than 30 minute to "heat up"!!!! Who is paying my electricity bill???
This is not my first Neff oven (this one is still under guarantee) and I've never had this problem. Oven is B44M42N3GB single oven
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.

Hi good morning.

That is NOT normal.

The thermostat should keep it much closer to the actual SET temp than yours is.

Also it taking so long to get hot is problem.

Is your oven the gs or electric model version?

Tech Michael