Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have a Panasonic NA-147VB3 wash machine bought in 2012.

Customer Question

We have a Panasonic NA-147VB3 wash machine bought in 2012. Yesterday the drum stopped turning. I have looked underneath and the drive belt is intact & not broken. No 'Error codes' are showing, Please can you suggest what may be wrong? JC Forrest
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

If the drum has stopped turning and the belt is fine then its possibley worn carbon brushes in the motor which has caused this.

What you need to do is pull the washer out and lean it backwards against a wall and have someone hold it for you.

Then lie down and look under the washer.

There you will see the back of the motor.

There either side are the carbon brushes in the plastic holder.

Remove them and see if they have worn. If they are only a few mm long then they need to be replaced.

Then rery the washer and hopefully this sorts it.

So check them and see what you find as these are the most common things to cause the drum not to turn like this.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Daniel T, Thank you for this answer. The carbon brushes were fine and not worn . We called out an engineer for £55 who said " the motor has failed after only 5 Years"!
I have been charged on my account £22 I think,by justanswer, so I am sorry but your reply was not very helpful. Please may I have a refund ? Regards, ***** ***** Forrest