How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JamesI Your Own Question
JamesI, Handyman
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 2084
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
JamesI is online now

I have a CDA WC370IN that is displaying an F6 code. Is there

Customer Question

I have a CDA WC370IN that is displaying an F6 code. Is there anyway for me to fix this issue myself or does it require a technician?
I've read online that it's a faulty temperature sensor which is located in the reservoir, is this correct? as 'someone' loaded the reservoir up with salt and then it has been showing the F6 error, can I empty the res of water and salt to solve this issue?
Any help would be hugely appreciated,
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 10 months ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi,As I have already paid I would appreciate it if you could find me an answer from a technician.Thank you for the time your spending trying to find an answer for me.Joe.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 10 months ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Hi Joe,

My name is***** fault suggests a fault with the heating element or heat sensor.

The code relates to the water exceeding the maximum temp, this would really require a engineer call out since you need to strip the back of the appliance down and test the NTC (sensor), and check the heating element to rule out a PCB problem.

I see this is an integrated appliance, as such it would probably worth repairing.

If you provide me with your postcode I can recommend a local engineer who can attend and verify if its the NTC, Heater or PCB at fault and give you a cost of repair.

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

I just wanted to follow up to see if you needed any further assistance?