Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have a Neff Induction Hob in our new kitchen extension.

We have a Neff Induction Hob in our new kitchen extension. The drawer directly underneath the hob is suppose to be for cutlery and has the plastic tray inside. Howdens kitchens are not sure whether it should be used instead for towels. Does the hob unit give off alot of heat underneath?

It wont make a difference at all if you use the drawer under the hon as a cutlery drawer.

Ive seen loads that have this so theres nothing wrong at all having the cutlery under there. It wont get hot as the heat transfers up into the pans.

Plus with this being induction then the hob itself doesnt actually get hot anyway due to the way it works.

So dont worry about anything as you can use the drawer under the hob as a cutlery drawer no problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply. I have so many different answers to this that I was a bit concerned incase we caused a problem with the new hob by melting the cutlery tray underneath or causing the cutlery to get too hot in the drawer. The hob hangs down close to the tray but still allows the drawer to close with the cutlery in the tray. Least I know now that it should not be a problem.

Your very welcome.

If you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.