Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.

I have a hotpoint air tech fridge freezer I've defrosted by

I have a hotpoint air tech fridge freezer I've defrosted by removing back panels bottom fan seems to be working but I've noticed I presume is a fan on the top half but can't hear it working any ideas

Hi , I am Tech Michael, an expert in this field. I would be happy to help you with this issue.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating when we are finished ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

May I have the full Model # of your fridge?

Also what was the reason for defrosting this the way you did?

Was there excessive ice in the freezer on the rear wall etc?

And is there heave frost or ice on the inside rear wall of the freezer compartment?

Also is it the fridge or freezer that doesn't seem to be cooling well?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's a hotpoint fful1812 , there was an excess amount of ice on rear panel and cold air hole was blocked to top part of fridge feezer !been defrosted and reset by usuing top two buttons but wont start chilling fridge section

Hi thanks, ***** ***** need to do, is defrost this one by opening the doors and unplugging your fridge.

You Must leave the doors open and the fridge unplugged for 24 hours to achieve this.

The reason the fridge isnt cooling so well, is because the same cooling unit does both the fridge and the freezer. But when the Ice forms, on the coils in the freezer it blocks the cold air from entering the fridge section.

You may have a defrost component issue but to figure this out, I would do the defrost the way I described, and place a towel inside both the fridge and freezer on the floor to catch all that water. We will check the defrost components if this happens again ;-)

If it is going to happen it will happen in about two weeks. But you will still have access to me if you rate kind at this time.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete please rate my service kindly.
Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.
Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved. Also you will have free access to me for 30 days;-)
Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.
Thank you and have a Wonderful Sunday!

No additional cost to rate kind;-)
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks Michael !! Seems to have worked so far!what I also noticed was the wife jamming food into the freezer drawers and blocking the vents in freezer for circulation! So now there is less food in both compartments! But you'll be first to know if it happens within the timescale you mentioned! Again thanks for advice!Eddie