How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JamesI Your Own Question
JamesI, Handyman
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 2238
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
JamesI is online now

I have a hole in my work top (old hob) that is 570+505mm. I

This answer was rated:

I have a hole in my work top (old hob) that is 570+505mm. I want an induction hob that will fit that & all I can find seem to measure 600mm.....but is that the overall measurement & not the actual "workings" underneath? Dimensions of the operational bit would be useful!!
Thanks if anyone can help, Maggie.

Hi Maggie,

The measurement advertised eg 60cm is the width of the visible face not the size of the void.

Most 600mm should fit in your void, some have less of a tolerance than others, but the brackets dont require a snug fit anyway.

Do you have any models you have been looking at, which I can look up the installation specs for you?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks ....yes variable prices...ART29214, Belling IHT613, AEG Hk654200Fb are the ones I have looked at...but I think your reply has satisfied my query...I will have to go & look at them really, but buying on line does not give one that option!!

The following voids are required:

  • ART29214 has a void of 565mm x 490mm
  • IHT613 has a void of 560mm x 490mm
  • Hk654200Fb has a void of 560mm x 490mm

Please rate the service using the star rating at the top of this page so I may close the case.



JamesI and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you