JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Samsung fridge freezer RSH7 series 4 years old the

I have a Samsung fridge freezer RSH7 series 4 years old the fridge warmed up to 14 degrees and constantly bleeps every other minute . I spoke to an engineer to which he told me to completely switch of for 24 hours and defrost doors open of which I have done . I have switched it back on for 16 hours now freezer ok fridge light came on and after 5 minutes light inside doesn't work and temperature at 10 degrees . Bleeping still going on . Cool zone in fridge works light on in that tray but rest of fridge nothing no light or cold air coming out , any ideas
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How long before I get an answer please
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not happy with paid service as no reply to question

I am very sorry to hear you had to wait for a response, do you still require assistance?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
please
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is this £15.00 plus the £27.00 I have had nothing from yet

Hi Simon,

If your being presented with an additional service such as a call, this will be an additional amount on top of the cost of the question. These are automated up sell messages, you can discard them if your happy to use this Q & A forum. Please give me a minute to look up your appliance spec.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That's fine but I never got an answer from my first question which was charged at a premium of £27

I think the site assumes when I reply its with an answer hence why you got offered an additional service.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
going forward what happens

You have completed the most likely resolution step of a 24 hour defrost, this fixes 70% of issues with this type of fault.

The alarm (beeping) is to signify the fridge is not at a suitable\safe temp to store food, please give me another few minutes to look at the wiring of the sensors and light.

Would you say the temp does feel around 10 degress compared to 3 degrees?

What temp is the fridge showing on the door and is it flashing?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've put a manual thermometer into the fridge the display on the fridge says 12 degrees but the manual one I put in says 3-4 but light not working
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No not flashing just displaying 12 degrees
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
beeping every minute

Ok, so you think the temp is likely to be around 3-4 but the fridge isnt detecting the correct temp?

Secondly when you close the fridge door is it making good contact all around the door with the door seal?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it's got a good clean seal and when you put the inner draw on quick cool it's on a 60 minute timer

Right but is the rest of the fridge cool (not just the draw)?

Secondly if you run the cold water and take about 2 pints of water from the dispenser is it cold?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
water is cold but not chilled as it was before
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the rest of the fridge feels cold but not as normal 2degrees we had it set at

It sounds like the fridge isnt detecting the temp properly and controlling the vent and fan which pull in cold air from the freezer.

American fridges are generally experience to repair as there is alot more circuitry compared to the conventional fridge freezers, I would start by replacing the sensor as clearly showing 12 degree with the other thermostat is showing nearer 3 is one fault and most likely the sensor, if the temp does not show correctly on the display I would then look to replace the PCB which controls the demand for coolant and reads inputs from the sensors.

Please let me know if you would like me to recommend a suitable firm to attend and replace the parts for you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
please , but for now how can I stop the beeping

What buttons and functions are showing on the front of the freezer display panel.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
L/H side power freeze and freezer
R/H vacation and fridge

Can you provide me the full model number of the fridge which should be on the rating plate inside of the fridge.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Model number RSH17NBP
Serial no 94264EBCB00076Z

There should be a power freeze and power cool button, do you just have power freeze?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
just a power freeze

How do you enable the quick cool within the fridge draw?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
inside the fridge on the top of the draw area

Press the quick cool inside the fridge and the quick freeze button together for 30 seconds.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok just done and it's still beeping

In that case there is no way to disable the beeping I am afraid as its a hardware fault.

Based on the nature of the fault, and likely cost of parts I would strongly suggest using D&G, details can be found here. They offer a repair and protect plan, which covers this repair and any future fault a year on. All costs are covered (labour and parts), plus the engineers are fully qualified for the appliance itself.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok thank you for your help.