JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.

My alpha boiler is flashing E20. No heat or hot water. Can I

Hi there my alpha boiler is flashing E20. No heat or hot water. Can I fix this myself or do I need to call out an plumber boiler man?

Whats the model number of the boiler?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Intec 28x ?

If its an Intec its likely the thermalcouple at fault as it relates to not being able to sense the pilot flame.

This would need an engineer, however once I know the model and also your postcode I can confirm this is indeed the case in your instance and recommend a local firm

As I thought this is a flame sensing fault, this is explained on page 40 of the engineer manual here.

Whats your postcode and I will recommend a local engineer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for your help I have contacted a local engineer.

No problem so I can close the case please rate the service using the star rating on this page.