JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.

I have a Bosch classix condenser tumble dryer. As of

I have a Bosch classix condenser tumble dryer. As of yesterday when I turn it on I get two bleeps and it won't switch on. It did need a new door handle (the third in two years!) and that has been replaced. Help!

Please advise the model number of the Dryer your having issues with.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's a condenser Classic 7 with an E-Nr of WTE84105GB/38Thanks

What lights are showing on the control panel?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This model only has two lights. One that indicates the 'low heat' setting and the other is the Start/Stop. Both are working.

Is the start stop light flashing when it beeps or does it just go off after you get the two beeps?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If I turn the knob to the required setting it automatically flashes. If I then press the start button it gives two bleeps and continues flashing.

Ok it doesnt flash say 4 times wait a second then flash again, its just continious flashing?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No it's just a constant flash......which I think is the norm.

In that case its not in a valid state, which suggests its not detecting the door is closed.

Have you tried closing the door and holding you hand on the door while pressing start?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've tried shutting the door hard, I've pressed it slowly and firmly, I've closed it gently. I've sprayed a bit of WD40 on the metal prongs on the actual door. Nothing seems to affect it.

It suggests the interlock has failed, which engages the catch when the washer starts.

A new interlock costs around £30 from here, though it doesnt reference the /38 variant it will fit.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is this something that is easy to fit?

Yes, its no harder than a washing machine component (20 mins effort).

Video can be seen here showing the generic steps here

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok - well that's great. Thank you. I'll order the new part via your link.

No problem please rate the service using the star rating on this page.