JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Gutmann downdraft hood (Futura) The hood moves up

I have a Gutmann downdraft hood (Futura) The hood moves up and down, but there is no power getting to the fans.
Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Yes.
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Have checked the power when you switch the fan on and only has 1.5V

Where are you checking the voltage is it from the PCB or the fan terminal, and have you checked the voltage with the fan disconnected?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I checked it at the end of the cable going into the motor

I have the part numbers but it doesnt state the expected voltage, is the rating plate on the motor expecting a 12v input?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no. 240V

If your getting 1.5V that sounds like the voltage is going through a transformer, normally you would have mains power supplied to the motor with a switch supply under low voltage (around 5v)

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
what does this mean? Why is there no power going to the fan?

I think it may be a fault on the PCB, give me a short while just waiting on a document being sent over by the manufacturer

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK. THanks

Sorry for the delay it took alot longer than expected to get the additional info (in the right language).

This is certainly looking at a fault on the PCB, within the PCB the incoming voltage passes through a series of other circuits including a capacitor before a relay which provides power to the fan motor.

The UK service centre who can arrange a repair (replacement PCB) is Blanco their number is ***** 635 200

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Do you require any further assistance?