KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years

ZanussiZc168330xa induction hob stand alone cooker. The hob

Customer Question

Zanussi###-##-####Zc168330xa induction hob stand alone cooker. The hob deplays E1
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Displays E1
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
what to do about this code plz
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to just answer... Have you recently changed a part on your cooker? Error E1 indicates compatibility issues

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks but that's no help at all. We have changed the consumer unit on the house but why would the ovens work and not the induction hob
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How would we fix this problem!

Hi, error E1 occurs due to part compatibility issue or a fault in user interface board. I hope it is not user interface board (part#3) in attached diagram.

I'll suggest you to try a reset power to cooker or unplug it from mains power for a few minutes. If this doesn't clear error code then use below steps to put cooker in service mode-

Whilst hob is off, Press and hold On/Off button, press top right cooking zone button.
Press Clock button and then + button.

Let me know what gets displayed on display.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi I think I've try it. Are you talking about the panel on the induction top if so it's does nothing . The dials on the cooker also operates the induction hob do we need to do anything with them. See drawing! Hope you can see what I mean (sorry carnt draw lol)
Kindest regards Debbie

Hi Debbie, I guess your drawing is not too bad after all :)

You are correct with the instructions in diagram and, these instructions should have reset the controls. However, if reset didn't work then it is a faulty user interface board. To sort the issue you will need to replace interface board.

You can buy it online from here.

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is it just one board ? Or are there more that will need replacing? Are they easy to fit ? Is it just a stright swop one out one in ?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi you've not answered ? Kindest regards Debbie