Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Lamona 1761 Induction Hob with 2 rings flashing F5.

I have a Lamona 1761 Induction Hob with 2 rings flashing F5. Handbook says switch off and on to clear problem which I have done but to no effect.

F5 is a trica fault for one of the magnetic plates.

Im afraid when you get this fault its always the control board for the side thats failed.

As in induction hobs you have 4 magnetic plates and 2 power boards. Each board controls 2 plates so if one side has failed then its going to be the power board for that side.

So for this fault im afraid the power board for the side thats faulty will be the fault and will need to be replaced. But these power boards are very expensive im afraid.

Sorry its not good news here but if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That doesn't sound good, looks as though I will have to get an electrician to check that out and if you are correct it probably means a replacement hob for one which is only 3 years old. Not really got value for money on what was paid for the hob, they should surely last longer than that.