JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Assistant: How can we be of help? I have a bosch combi

Customer Question

Assistant: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: I have a bosch combi microwve and oven [ HBC84K551B ]
Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I don't know the year off hand but the type is hthb84k,
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i don't know yet, depends on the problem
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the problem is, every time we turn on the microwave, it go off after 2 seconds
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

When you say it goes off does it stop or go completely dead (no display or sign of life), and how do you go about getting it working again?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When you press start, it go's for second then turns off completely
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
we can't get it working at all
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

Ok, so you have to run the appliance off at the wall and back on to then use it again?

Does the issue occur if you select hot air, or is it just when using a specific heating method eg microwave?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When am just using the microwave, I press the temp buttons e.g. 90,180, 360or 900w for 1,2,3 4 and 5mins. it just stop after 2 seconds and go back to normal, as if I had not used it I don't turn it off or on at the mains. It just go's back to the normal display
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

Ok if its just the microwave that causes the issue and not the other options, its likely to be the high voltage circuit.

How long have you had the appliance?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
7or 8years ago
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Sorry it appears I missed you response, based on the age of the appliance its not worth going down the repair option as the parts a no longer available.