Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Beko dw686 dishwasher. Been having a few problems,

Customer Question

Hi there, I have a Beko dw686 dishwasher. Been having a few problems, but noticed the condenser fan would not operate. I checked the motor all is good, checked wiring continuity, all is good, checked the control pcb only to find that a transistor and resistor is missing, meaning the fan had never operated. Oh well I thought must have been a fault in the manufacturing, so I ordered a new one, only to find the same components are missing. I am beside myself, the condenser fan has never worked probably on all that were produced! Have you ever come across this? Best regards John
Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Beko Dw686. What is the point of the test, it is impossible for the condenser fan to operate as far as I can tell
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I’m just wandering if this problem has been encountered before
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

Can you send me a picture of the PCB (old or new), as I havent come across this in all the Beko appliances I have come across.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi James I’ll just have a go at sending a picture
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Have a look tr8 is missing, this is the transistor that operates the condenser fan!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Have you received the pictures?
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

No, you can upload pictures by using the attach button on this page.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I just did
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Try this
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Any good?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Any thoughts, this is the new board, which is identical to the one fitted from new
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Have you received them this time?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you there James?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you please reply?
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

This is not an intimidate response service I am afraid, I have looked at the image and there are no missing components.

Why do you think there is a transistor missing (what circuit diagram are you referring to)?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The feed to the condenser fan connects the board in at the terminal between tr5 and tr7, tr8 is missing, how can the fan operate?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Resistor 14 is also missing
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

The tracks are still there so there isnt an open circuit have you checked continuity on the pcb?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Continuity only exists between fan feed through j6 and to tr8 collector terminal that’s it. Continuity exists between the programme chip to r14 that’s it. So like I said earlier the condenser fan cannot function without the two components, unless I am missing something. I have been unable to find a circuit diagram for the pcb, or the machine.