Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have a neff double oven and after about ten when the fan

We have a neff double oven and after about ten when the fan oven is on
it cuts out the downstairs trip. I am reasonably ok with fault finding and have inspected
The element which appears ok. Not sure where the problem is. Can you help?
Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I can’t give you a E number or model at the month but it’s about 10-15 years old.
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I intend to take the back of and see if it’s anthing obvious . By the way I have been selling neff appliances so as I said reasonBly ofay with neff problems but not
Come across this one
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The small grill oven at the top is working fine. Just the bottom main fan oven where the problem is

When you say you checked the element did you check it with a test meter to see if its leaking to earth?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No , it got red hot for about ten minutes and I assumed it was ok.
Will test the element tomorrow

Ok thats fine.

When you get this fault its nearly always the element itself in the main oven. As the element will still work and glow red but it will leak to earth and this is why it trips the electrics.

To check you need a test meter and when it tripps you need to access the heater from the back and test it with your meter to earth and see if faulty.

But to be honest its going to be the heater itself anyway so even if you dont have a meter then its probberly just worth swaping the element out anyway as it will be this thats causing it to trip.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That is what I thought may be the problem . Will order a new element and swap it ASAP. Many thanks . Peter

No worries Peter. Im sure that will sort the fault out from there for you.