Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

My daughter has problems with her central heating. The

My daughter has problems with her central heating. The boiler is a 9 year old unit hooked up to a Drayton RF601 package (consisting of battery powered RF digitstat [unit number not known] and a RF receiver hard wired to the boiler [unit number also not known].
The 601 was installed by a qualified electrician/plumber, and a heating man has also failed to TRACE the problem. Now to try to define the problem!
Boiler's set to give priority to hot water. Digistat set to 15C, boiler cuts out, then continues to ignite every 10 minutes. The experts mutter about MISSING LINK!!
Response please to***@******.***

Do you have the make and model of the boiler?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Re Drayton/Vaillent problem
Make & Model of boiler is Vaillent Ecotec Plus 831
Serial number 210636308521/13000/31767WO
GC Ref: 47-04-432
Fitted in 2006
Regards, John

ok, so a combi boiler.

Hot water does have priority as do all combi's.

Are you saying that the boiler is working correctly (keeping the house warm) but turning on and off every 10 minutes?

Or boiler continuing to run even when off at stat (above 15 degrees)?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The difficulty I have is that I live 100 miles from my daughter, so going through a sequence of actions is not really an option for me. I wonder if it would be possible for you to email a list of likely causes of the problem. Also is there a compatibility issue between boiler and stat unit? Gas engineer said boiler was OK, but I'm sure he didn't look at the boiler's PCB circuit.
Regards, ***** *****
We need to monitor.
Can she turn the room stat up to 25 degrees and turn tbd heatinv on and off by gbd switch on the front?
This way will rule out a fault with the stat or circuit to start with.
We need to monitor.
Can she turn the room stat up to 25 degrees and turn the heating on and off by the switch on the front?
This way will rule out a fault with the stat or circuit to start with
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Andrew
Long phone calls to my daughter, she's not happy to "tinker with the boiler or the 601"- so I guess we have to wait for her electrician to turn up and hopefully fix the problem! Failing that, I'll have a look at it over the Christmas break. Seems as if we have to CLOSE this case now - I see no way forward. Many thanks for your involvement to date.
Best regards,John P
Ok, no problem.
Come back if you get stuck