Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

I am converting from a Drayton Digistat2 to Drayton Migenie

I am converting from a Drayton Digistat2 to Drayton Migenie T714R (Wish1) how should the new back plate be wired. Old back plate had Neutral and Live connected to 1 and 2. I've wired the new plate as Neutral, Live and a link to 1, as per the instructions but my CH doesn't fire when called for.
Has the wiring at the boiler and changed?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No wiring the same. Boiler is a Worcester Greenslave Combi. Wiring to old Digistat 2 (not a +2) was single 3 core with earth no been used.
Ok.
Neutral to N
Live to L
Link L to 1
Switched Live to 3
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks Andrew but what is the switched live? There are only two incoming wires - Live & Neutral, and earth is unused.
Switched Live us the signal back to say 'go
Was the old one battery powered?
The new one isn't.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The old Digistat 2 ive just found out was battery powered. does this mean this is not compatible?
.
Can you run a new wire?
3 core plus earth
You can get a WiFi model and we can use the wire to power it?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Andrew. Thanks for your help. Running a new wire will be a complete pain as the existing wire in will mean replastering and running the cable to the boiler room outside. I've spent over £100 on system which Draytons literature says was compatible (http://www.draytoncontrols.co.uk/sites/default/files/D70-9%20-%20Compatibility%20Guide.pdf).
Perhaps their WiFi version or try and get a refund as it us not compatible.
You could also go back to a battery powered model?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Andrew. I had one final thought before I abandon trying to make this work. If run a separate power feed (a 2 core from a 3A fused plug) would this work? Assumption the Live & Neutral would connect to new power feed, and the L1 and L3 would connect to the existing boiler control wires).
If this not feasible I will sell the Wish 1 on eBay and buy a battery operated thermostat
BUT you will have to remember that to isolate this it will have to be done separately from the heating fused spur.
So wiring wise, no link between L and 1, just your two wires in 1 and 3.
New feed to L and N.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks Andrew for all your help