Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I Have a Hotpoint FFU3D W its not getting cool, defrosted

Customer Question

I Have a Hotpoint FFU3D W its not getting cool, defrosted about 2 weeks ago as it happened then, and it seemed ok,now not cooling again, have turned off from 2 buttons on top and have pressed the 2nd button dfrom the left to get a dianostic check , the -18 , +8 and super cool on fridge were all flashing
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 months ago.

If you need to keep defrosting this to get it working then the fault will be the defrost heater at fault here.

To access this you need to empty the freezer fully and remove the doors.

Then you can remove the back panel in there.

Behind there you will see the evaporator unit.

Wrapped around there is the defrost heater and the thermal cut out on the top.

You need to disconnect the wiring block and from there you will see 2 white wires which is the heater. Test these with a multi meter and see if faulty.

If the heater is fine then test the 2 yellow wires and then the 2 blue wires and see if any are faulty. If so then they need to be replaced as the thermal cut out comes as part of the heater kit.

Then replace the heater from there and this should cure the fault.

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 months ago.

I see the question is still open here, Do you still need help on this?

If so then just get back to me. If not then if you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.