Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Zanussi Fridge/Freezer (ZRB36404XA), which is

I have a Zanussi Fridge/Freezer (ZRB36404XA), which is nearly 4 years old which isn't getting cold or freezing. Have tried turning up the control, hasn't made any difference and now food in the freezer starting to defrost.Never had any problems before, is it worth getting repaired?Would really value your opinion, many thanks.Kim

Can you hear the compressor running or is it just silent?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi DanielSorry for the delay in getting back to you. It is just silent, is it likely to be the compressor? If so, would it be expensive to replace?Kind regardsKim

Ok if its slient then its possibley the thermostat at fault. But it could also be the compressor. They only way to know is by pulling it out and feeling the compressor and seeing if its hot. If it is then the compressor is the fault here and cost wise you are looking at about the £250 mark to fix which isnt really worth the repair.

But if its not hot and it isnt running then its likely the thermostat which roughly is about £70 fitted or about £30 if buying just the part yourself.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok many thanks for your advice.
Kim
Your welcome.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Very useful and helped to make the decsion whether to keep my fridge freezer and get it repaired or whether I should buy a new appliance.