Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a 4-plate ceramic hob which has 'locked'. Pressing

I have a 4-plate ceramic hob which has 'locked'. Pressing the on/off switch for over 4 seconds as suggested has not resolved the problem. Any suggestions, please?James
HiCan you post the make and make and model number please.Thanks
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
T 40830XT
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Neff 4 plate ceramic. T40830XT
Sorry that number isn’t bringing anything up. Could you double check it please
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There is CT at the end. Does that help?
It's very difficult to access the plate!J
It’s not bring anything up still. But never mind let’s try a few hints first.Press and hold the on off button for about 10 seconds as sometimes they need longer then 4 seconds.If that doesn’t work then see if there’s a button with a key on it. If so press and hold this again for about 10 seconds and see how it goes from there.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I had previously tried that. Obviously I had not pressed the buttons long enough. I finally managed to unlock using the 'lock' button for at least 10 seconds.- Job done!Thanks for your help.