Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

My gas heating has not come on, and there is a little symbol

My gas heating has not come on, and there is a little symbol like a very thin thermometer on the thermostat. Can you tell me what this means please. It is a Digistat +RF thermomstat. Thank you. Jane Winter
Can you take the transmitter closer to the receiver and tell me what happens
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hi Andrew, nothing happens when i do that. there is a C6 that is flashing on the boiler, and there has been a break in electricity recently. My only other thought is that the batteries may need replacing in the thermostat. Many thanks for any suggestions ! Jane
Try that too, but when they are sat next to each other they should still work.
Do you have the make and model boiler as we may have to link out the stat to give you heat.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
its worcester boiler 30 CDi. I'll tell you the symbols on the stat; theres a thin flame, and a triangle with a fan above it., this is the same for when it's room temp, or on set. When I set the temperature it keeps flicking back to display room temp.
The display does that - unless you are adjusting the temperature the display reads the air temperature.
When the flame is on then the boiler should fire. Is there an override button on the receiver
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK I've switched reset several times. On the receiver there's select, advance, set? And +. Thanks
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm in a remote area of wales and the phone signal is very poor, I haven't got a landline.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The pressure gauge is just less than 1, is that relevant?
The advanced button shod bring it on.
Take the pressure up to 1.5bar just to make sure
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks Andrew, Ive had to leave the house now, but will be back tomorrow, I'll try pressing advance and see what happens. I couldnt find the pressure levers under the boiler. Thank You.
Ok.
The CDi will have a key attached to the plate underneath the boiler.
Let me know how you get on.