carlday1
carlday1, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have 5 years experience in repairing and maintaining small domestic appliances.
69505510

I have a swan SDW7040BN and when I opened the dishwasher

Hi I have a swan SDW7040BN and when I opened the dishwasher there was water in. I thought there was a blockage so undid the pipe blew down it. Then set the cycle going which then the water came down the pipe. I thought brilliant it’s all working went to put it on and the light for intensive wash is flashing and beeping and the machine won’t do anything else.

​My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. I think it may be the machines anti flood has activated. This means that there be some water in the base of the machine. The best thing to try is to tip the machine to a 45degree angle and let all the water run out. I would suggest having a mop and towels ready as a little water seems to go everywhere.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi thank you as it’s late I will do this in the morning and come back to you if that is ok.

Thats fine let me know how you get on.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have turned it on it’s side but there is no water coming out and it’s dry. I think it’s died ha. Thanks for your help think it’s time to replace to machine to be honest.

It could be the recirculation pump has failed and if it has once you have paid to call engineer to come and check and replace it etc it would cost as much as a new machine.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That’s what I thought, it’s quite old I’m due a new one really. Thanks for your help