carlday1
carlday1, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have 5 years experience in repairing and maintaining small domestic appliances.
69505510

I have a smeg a1-7 range the grill was being used and it has

hi
i have a smeg a1-7 range the grill was being used and it has shut off red light gone out and will no come back on there is power to the cooker as the clock is working and the ignighter is working can you tell me what part has gone the cooker is 15 months old

​My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. Does the main oven work? Is it just the grill that does not work?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i am trying it now
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the oven is not working

Thank you. Does the clock have the correct time or is anything else displayed?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i do not want to talk live please answer my question
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the clock is working
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the clock is showing the correct time
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
lights are on in the oven and the fan works
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
have you got an answer to my problem

Can I just confirm the grill and the oven don't work? If that is the case I think the problem is cause by a thermal cutout. You would need to test the cutouts to find out which one has failed.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok thanks for the help

Some cutouts auto reset when they have cooled down and you may find that the oven and grill start to work again. A thermal cutout is to prevent overheating so it could be that there is another fault with the thermostat for the grill or cooker that caused the cutout to break. If the thermostat has failed the element will continue to work and the oven will get hotter and hotter until the cutout breaks.

P​arts are available here but you would need to test the cutouts and thermostat to confirm what is wrong.

https://www.espares.co.uk/search/mo1589528pt1604/cookers-and-hobs/thermostats/smeg/a1-7

HI,

​Have you managed to solve your problem? Do you require anymore help?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No thank you I have resolved the problem

I​ am pleased to hear the problem is resolved.

Please could you rate my service using the stars on this page.

​If you need anymore help in future feel free to contact me.