JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Bosch SGV4 3E03GB and the door is now falling open.

I have a Bosch SGV4 3E03GB and the door is now falling open. We noted a small steel link in the shape of a twisted C had fallen out, which I’m assuming connects to the door Spring. Please can you advise on best way to access the right location to refit this piece? Thanks!

When you say the door is falling open do you mean the door is no longer sprung, or that the catch isnt holding the door closed?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi: I mean the door is no longer sprung.

Ok you need to pull the appliance out place it on its side and see if you can access the spring mechanism from inside, or failing that you need to remove the outer panel off to expose the side where the hinges are located.

It suggests the C clip you have found has come away which has meant the spring is no longer engaged on the hinge, once you can see the hinge its just a case of attaching the hinge arm back in place and refitting the spring which will be sitting lose using long nose pliers.

James

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello. Thanks. I have discovered the spring has corroded and the end hook has broken off. Do you know where I can get spare parts please? Maybe amazon? Cheers.

Hi Markys, the spring can be ordered from here for around £15.

James

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Many thanks- I also found this supplier and have ordered the spring!

Great, they are a reliable supplier and worth keeping a note of should you need other parts in the future.

Appreciate if you can rate the service using the star rating on this page.

James