JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have an RWB29 programmer. Two questions: 1. What does DIP

I have an RWB29 programmer. Two questions:1. What does DIP SW SET refer to?2. I am going on holiday. Can I set it so that it comes when in holiday mode if temperature falls below a certain level?

Hi Anthony, please give me a minute to look up your specific model.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you, it's a Siemens heating programmer
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am happy for you to send me written instructions

There are dip switches (small micro switches on the back of the programmer - which are access by removing it from the backing plate which holds it to the wall).

The following is from the install manual:

To change the dipswitch positions first switch off the mains supply and then remove the unit from its backplate by simply loosening the two screws and pulling towards you. To select the dipswitch position for Daily Programming dipswitch 1 should be up and 2, 3 & 4 should be down. To select the dipswitch position for Weekday/Weekend Programming dipswitches 1, 3 & 4 should be down and 2 should be up. To select the dipswitch position for 7 Day Programming dipswitches 1, 2 & 4 should be down and 3 should be up. Dipswitch 5 can be either up or down depending on your system type, down for gravity, up for fully pumped. When you have completed the changes to the dipswitches, replace the unit onto its backplate and then refer to the booklet supplied with the unit that relates to the programme you have selected:- Daily Programming. Weekday/Weekend Prog

This model doesnt have a thermofrost setting as its a basic controller, the boiler however should be fitted with a separate override stat which will come on should the temp drop below 5 degrees to stop pipes from freezing.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have looked on the boiler and have found a "Teddington" device - can't tell what it is, attached to the oil intake to the boiler outside the house. It has a very thin copper pipe going from the device into the wall of the house. Do you think that could be a frost protector? If so, would I not expect any control? I can just rely on it switching the boiler on if necessary?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello James, are you still there?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It seems that you no longer respond to me. This is not satisfactory.

Hi Anthony, I hadnt received a response from you in some time, so moved on to another customer, this enables me to provide services at discounted rates compared to say a phone consultation.

The metal device you referenced isnt the thermofrost device as the sensor should be inside the property the device you have located sounds like a Flame Supervision Device which stops oil going to the boiler when its not running, to assist in suppressing a fire.

What is the model of boiler you have fitted and I will see if a thermofrost device is fitted as standard.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's a Worcester Camray Utility System 18/25
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Worcester Greenstar Camray Utility 18/25

This model doesnt come with a frost thermostat (thermofrost device) as standard but has wiring to support one.

So in the balance of probability with your timer if its set to holiday mode there is no frost protection in the property, so your better to set the timer to always on and set the thermostat to the lowest setting.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for the advice, will do that

No problem, in the future it may be worth considering replacing the timer for one which can do what you were seeking such as the Honeywell CM707 for central heating. You can set a holiday mode and also set the temp at which point the boiler will come on regardless.

With regard to this question appreciate if you can rate the service received using the star rating on this page.

So I may close the case down, appreciate if you can rate the service received using the star rating on this page.

James

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks for the advice James

No problem please do rate the service using the star rating on this page, without it I am unable to close the case.

James