JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Hotpoint codensor dryer model wsf83epzuk. sn. 859991008660.

hotpoint codensor dryer model wsf83epzuk. sn. 859991008660. this machine does not do anything. when you select any program even with the door open it thinks a bit then throws up a f03 fault. the , clean filter, water container and clean condensor light flash. the start, end of cycle and drying lights stay solid. the sensing light is not on.

Hi David F03 is a thermostat fault, should you have future error codes the website here explains them.

It would suggest the sensor has failed and is telling the dryer its too hot and hence why its not starting.

Can you double check the model and its not matching the serial number

Could it be the TD WSF 83 EPZ?

Assuming it is the above model number the spare you require costs £30 here, if you would like me to recommend a local engineer to install it please advise of your postcode.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hi there. i think you are right with the model number. there is a ntc on the element. is this the one you are meaning
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hi there. double checked the model and it is tdwsf83epzuk. the sn is 859991008660. this machine was a replacement for a recall

Great thanks for confirming. In that case yes the part above is the correct part for your model, and it is located by the heater as you suggested.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
do you have a part number for this part. many thanks

Give me a few minutes and I will look up the P/N.

Hi David, HP no longer release out part numbers as they have sold off their parts division, however if you call them up quoting(###) ###-####they have the part in question for £18, their number is ***** 225 225

Hi David, HP no longer release out part numbers as they have sold off their parts division (so its a profit making exercise), however if you call them up quoting(###) ###-####they have the part in question for £18, their number is ***** 225 225. The reference in my parts diagram is item 48.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hi there. i have tried to get this from a supplier but their parts diagram only has 4 digit item numbers. can you help

Hi David, can you get your supplier to send you over the parts diagram they are using, so you can attach it here.

Otherwise order the part via HP direct using the number above.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hi there james. i have changed both the complete element assy and the sensor you advised. i am still getting the same fault code and no action. the f03 fault is even there when the machine is at off possition. is there any other sensors on this machine. i would appreciate further help as i am all in at this point.

Hi David,

I cant see what else would produce the F03 fault, which leaves me to believe it must be the PCB which isnt reading the input from the sensor properly.

A new PCB would be excessive (over £100), so would suggest you opt for a fixed price repair and protect plan as they often work out cheaper than the parts them self, details can be found here.