JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Zanussi ZDT41 integrated dishwasher. The black button on the

Zanussi ZDT41 integrated dishwasher. The black button on the temperature selection seems not to work and I can only wash on the 70 degree setting. Suggestions please. Mary

Hi Mary, sorry to hear your having issues give me a minute to look up your machine.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok I'm waiting

When you press down the program button does it feel stiff and can you feel something depress when you press it down?

If you hold you finger on it for 5 seconds what happens to the lights on the display?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The program button does not feel stiff. There are no lights on the display except the 70 degree

Ok it sounds like the contact switch under the button has failed, if the program button is moving up and down freely.

Unfortunately this switch is part of a larger component called the PCB, which is very expensive (£150) from here.

Rather than pay for an engineer and then the part the cheapest option is to opt for a fixed price repair and protect plan, give me a minute and I will send you a link and rough cost.

D&G offer a plan for around £180 here, which will cover parts labour and also give you a further years worth of breakdown cover. Though expensive you can see what it would cost for the part it would get alot more for your money, when considering this you should also take into account the age of the appliance, and if its worth replacing the washer all together.

For anything older than 8 years I would suggest you opt for replacement.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Any idea of the cost of a replacement similar model?

Is there a specific requirement you have (just another free standing dishwasher of the same size)?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Integrated to fit in the space

That fine I have the dimensions of the current one, please give me a while to look up something similar.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Your current appliance has the following dimensions

Width cm 59.6 Height cm 81.8, Depth cm 55.5

The height is adjustable so not really a concern when comparing models

AO is a very good place to find suitable appliance there is a Indesit one here for around £220, it is 2 cm deeper but that shouldnt be a problem (however worth measuring the depth before ordering.

Currys also have a own brand (budget) appliance for under £180 here, which has almost identical measurements, it is also more energy efficient. They also have a Kenwood for £200 here, which is bigger name, but offers the same spec as the budget one.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Well, it's certainly not worth having the machine repaired! Thanks for all the information you have given. Meanwhile we can wash at 70 degrees for as long as it lasts. thank you and goodbye, James

Yes, as it still works you it buys you time to decide what you want to do, so I can close the case please rate the service using the star rating on this page.