Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Hotpoint MWX 431.1 x combination microwave. I need

I have a Hotpoint MWX 431.1 x combination microwave. I need to replace the bulb. There is no obvious access to the bulb. How do you do this??

Im afraid with all microwaves theres no easy access to the light bulb on them.

To access the light you need to remove the microwave from the unit and unplug it.

From there you need to remove the top panel and from there you can access the light bulb from there. These are complete with the plastic holder on it. You can replace it from there.

The reason they do this is because microwaves can store upto 4500v even when unplugged so they dont want customers messing with the electrics on them.

But as long as you dont touch the high voltage side and discharge the capacitor you will be fine.

Hope this helps you but if you need anymore info just get back to me.