JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Blomberg GVN 9483 which is just over 5 years old.

Hi I have a Blomberg GVN 9483 which is just over 5 years old. No previous problems. I have relocated it today from the kitchen to the utility room. It now does not seem to respond to the control panel. Just stuck on what sounds like a pumping noise, no cycling through programme, timer does not count down. Also appears to have developed a leak from underneath. Have checked inlet and drain are all properly connected and no obvious blockages anywhere. Can you help save it or have it killed it by moving it? Thanks
Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: yep. switched it off for over 2hrs just turned back on and problem persists
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yep. the cost of a repair engineer would probably be negated by the cost of replacing the whole thing
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: such as?

The appliance is in a flood state, water has gone into the underside of the washer and hence caused the pump to run constantly.

Start by disconnecting the inlet hose from the mains water so you know no new water is getting in then dry the appliance out and dry the underside out it has to be near enough bone dry, so if need be use a hair dryer and tilt the appliance and side to side to work out any water.

Then turn it back on and see if the pump is still running.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Many thanks Jamesl,
I found another response to a very similar problem whilst I was waiting. It suggested tipping the machine to drain the 'flood'.
I have done this and mopped up the resulting mess. As soon as I turned the machine back on it sprang to life!
All seem grand so far. Many thanks for such a quick response.

No problem, you will probably find while it was being moved, some water got into the base, which raised the flood float valve sitting in the void under the washer.

I take it your not seeing any more water leak out now you have the program running?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
far so good! I'll leave everything open (kick boards off etc) so that I can keep an eye on it and everything can air and dry out completely.
Many thanks again - I was thinking Id need a new machine!