JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a beko as920 s fridge freezer. Display panel has gone

I have a beko as920 s fridge freezer. Display panel has gone blank apart from a yellow number 8 where freezer temp should be. Any ideas.
Is the fridge and freezer still working other than the display or starting to defrost?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Seems to be okay. Display is now reading normal and then occasionally going back to the number 8 display. Only other thing wrong is door alarm has stopped beeping if left open.
This is point towards a pcb failure which controls the display and reads inputs from the sensors. How frequently is the display hanging and does it change when the door is opened?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Changes two or three times a day and door being open has no effect
If we assume 8 point to error E8 then you should look at the water supply, is this working normally
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Does not have a water supply James

Can you please reconfirm the model number as the spec I have for the model above shows it has a cold water feed.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Model AS 920 S

Earlier do you mean the appliance can dispense cold water its just not connected to the mains water (it has a water tank)?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
James it doesn't have a water tank and is not connected to mains water either . It's just a fridge freezer.

Ok managed to get hold the Beko, there are two variants an american style and traditional style (not sure why they have them down as the same serial number).

Based on yours being a traditional top bottom fridge freezer, the fault will be related to the PCB so your looking at a new PCB, which can be sourced here for around £60.

The parts isnt easily accessible so would suggest opting to get an engineer out as you can easily damage the clips holding the fascia in place. If you provide a postcode I can recommend a local engineer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
James will talk to the boss when I get home. This is the fourth fault for different reasons with this machine so not sure whether we will fix it again or put money towards another machine. Many thanks in the meantime for assistance.

How old is the appliance, as the typical life expectancy is around 8 years.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's about 8-9 years old now

I would urge towards a replacement, as you will likely have another issue within next 18 months, with that said if you opt for D&G to do a repair at least that comes with a years warranty so any future breakdown within the year will still be covered by them.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Much appreciated and thanks again for your help

No problem, so I can close the case please rate the service using the star rating on this page.