carlday1
carlday1, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have 5 years experience in repairing and maintaining small domestic appliances.
69505510

Siemens CT636LES1 built in coffee machine, slightly over two

Siemens CT636LES1 built in coffee machine, slightly over two years old. The grinder unit has stopped working for no apparent reason.
Everything else about the machine seems to work correctly and I have fully cleaned etc.
I have done a factory reset in the menu system and completed powered down the unit and restarted. Is there anything I can do short of calling Siemens service?

HI,

​My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. Does the grinder make any noise at all? Do you get any faults displayed? What happens when you try and make a coffee.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi. No noise whatsoever. I can watch it with the door open by jamming the door sensor switch. I get a cup of hot water. The brew unit operates as it is supposed to.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I’m not sure a call is worth it.... you think you can do anything?

Sorry about that call request it is automated from just answer. We can carry on like this on chat

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was wondering if there were any engineers tricks like fault code resets or whatever, though it doesn’t show a fault code on the machine. It’s like the grinder just stopped.

I do think the grinder is dead so to speak I am surprised the machine has not reported a fault code but it could be that it does not sense if the grinder is working.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have to call Siemens then...

I cannot see any service resets available on the information I have access too. I think you will have to give Siemens a call, it looks like the milling unit is sold as a complete unit I can only get a price in euro and it looks to be 90 euro.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok. Thanks for all trying to help. How do we finish up?

Siemens may offer a fixed price service where they attend the machine for fixed price and change what needs to be changed. I don't know if they do but many manufactures seem to charge a set fee and just fix the machine.

​Do you have the Service number for Siemens?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do thanks.

They are open today and will be able to help you more.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks Carl. I guess that it. I appreciate you trying.