Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

I have the Danfoss TP7000-RF and RX1. The thermostat and

Customer Question

Hi I have the Danfoss TP7000-RF and RX1. The thermostat and receiver don’t seem to be communicating with one another. The heating doesn’t come on at the programmed times although it shows the flame symbol on the thermostat unit showing it should be on, on the occasion it does come on, it doesn’t go off. I’m manually operating it via the CH button on the RX1 for now but need it fixed. I’ve tried replacing the RX1 unit but nothing has changed. Any ideas, cheers Ben
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  JamesI replied 29 days ago.

Good morning, I see you raised the question some time ago, do you still require assistance?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Expert:  JamesI replied 29 days ago.

Hi Ben have you been though the pairing process as it sounds like the RX has lost the paired RF device.

The pairing instructions are as follows:

Step 1. TP7000-RF - Press & hold recessed LEARN button (using a sharp non-metallic object, i.e. bic biro top) for 3 seconds (Fig.20) The thermostat now transmits a continuous signal which contains its unique identity for 5 minutes.

Step 2. RX1 - Press and hold buttons PROG & CH1 until green light flashes. The receiver has now learnt the unique transmission code of the thermostat

Step 3. RX2 / RX3 (if applicable) - For RX2 or RX3 repeat steps 1 & 2 for each thermostat and each corresponding channel

Step 4. TP7000-RF - Press LEARN again to stop TP7000-RF sending signal

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Cheers JamesYeah I’ve done that, that was the 1st thing I did. I must have done it about a dozen times now before and after I replaced the RX1 unit. I think the thermostats goosed, when I didn’t hear from anyone over the weekend I just ordered a replacement TP7000-RF unit, I’ll try changing that and see how I get on. Failing that I’ll just get a plumber out.
Expert:  JamesI replied 29 days ago.

No point getting a plumber out if your able to turn the boiler on and off using the manual override, it will 100% be due to a faulty TX or RX.

So as you have already replaced the RX, it has to be the TX, should you still not get them working it maybe the two are no longer compatible or something is causing an issue with the signal, in which case put them next to each other and try and pair them again.

Let me know how you get on.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Yeah I know but it’s not very convenient to have to manually turn the heating on and off, when we get up in the morning it’s freezing, same when we get back from work on the cold days.
Like you say it must be the RX or RF, I’ve changed the RX so it must be the RF thermostat. I’ll let you k ow how I get on.
Expert:  JamesI replied 28 days ago.

Will await to hear back from you, at least you know its nothing to do with the boiler.

If that fails, I would be inclined to return both your RX and TX and get a better brand such as Honeywell which comes in a kit.