JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.

I bought a Brother sewing machine FS100WT in January this

I bought a Brother sewing machine FS100WT in January this year. The handwheel is very stiff to turn and the machine makes a grinding/rumbling noise when I start to sew. I have cleaned underneath the needle plate cover but the noise is still there.

Hi Janet, it sounds like its become misaligned, it will need re-calibrated.

Has the unit been knocked, or fallen over?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
No it hasn’t. Because it’s very new I’ve been very careful with it.
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I think it I will look for my nearest brother machine repair shop. Thanks.

It may be worth calling around and getting quotes, there have been a number of reports of being being charged large amount of money for replacing unnecessary parts, such as motors etc. This fault is purely an alignment one (maybe a buckled cog, nothing major.

If you provide your postcode I can provide you some local firms.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Thanks James. Post codes will be a great help.

If you send me your postcode I can send you a list of firms near you

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
NN18 0LW.

You have JH Services on 01604 830658 (NN5 6TL), JC Repairs on 07894 642013 (LE18 1NP) and Homecall Repairs on 01455 447471 (LE10 1UW).

All of the above have excellent customer feedback, do come back to me should you need anything further.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Thanks James. I’ll make some phone calls straight away and see if one of them can help.

Do let me know how you get on with them, and appreciate if you can rate the service received to date using the star rating on this page.