JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I am replacing my old Devireg 522 for a new 535 wall mounted

I am replacing my old Devireg 522 for a new 535 wall mounted floor heating thermostat. the old one has an earth wire connection the new has not but says quote
''The screen of the heating cable must be connected via a terminal strip to the earth wire of the supply cable''
The heating cable is only a 2 core - no earth
the old thermostat has a metal backplate the new is plastic.
can you help please?

'The screen of the heating cable is for 'screened' cables, as yours doesnt have a screen (wire mesh) surrounding the two core cables, the instruction can be discarded.

As such you need not worry about terminating the earth, there is normally a spare terminal block on the plastic case you can terminate the earth just so it isnt lose.

Let me know if you need anything further.