JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a bouche varioperfect washing machine. I was using it

I have a bouche varioperfect washing machine. I was using it and had an item of clothing stick in the door. ..wiht water leaking. I stopped the machine and have drained it. But - I cannot manage to open the door.
Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Bosche. Approx three years old. I dont know the model...but it is a varioperfect
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes - assuming is simple!
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No - I just want to know how to release the door!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I wanted to check if you are going to answer / provide advice on fixing this?

Good morning sorry for the delay in responding my name is ***** ***** you advise what symbols are shown on the display?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Good morning James. There are no symbols on the display! As I mentioned...I had used the Bosch washing machine yesterday..and there was a chord ( from an item of clothing) stuck in the door Water was leaking when the machine was working.I switched off the power and have drained the machine. But - I cannot reopen the door Is there a lock...not sure how to open again!.

The door interlock is probably still engaged.

Turn the washer back on, and if it starts \ continue the cycle hold your finger on the start / pause button for 3 seconds the washer should then stop. Once it has stopped tell me what icons are on the display.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK - I havr switched it on again and it has stopped. The display shows a star in the top left hand corned.....a key ( presumably lock ) and the words YES

Ok the lock symbol confirms the door is locked.

Set the washer to a drain only programme then press start, it should then release the door after a few minutes.

Let me know how you get on.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you. I have managed to open the door and all seems to be working! I appreciate your help on this

No problem so I can close the case please rate the service using the star rating on this page.