JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.

My prestige larder fridge is displaying E2 on the lcd

my prestige larder fridge is displaying E2 on the lcd display
Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: prt330ls 10 years?
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i located the manual on espares, partmaster but no mention of error codes in it

The appliance is showing as a rebadged product by Comet, E2 would point towards a fault on the temp sensor.

Based on the age of the appliance I would suggest its probably worth considering replacing rather than repair and other items are likely to be approaching end of life, the typical life expectancy of this brand is around 8 years.

However if you would like me proceed with repair you need to locate the part for around £7 here.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
is it difficult to replace the part?
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
if i order the part is it difficult to replace it?
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
what is the cost of you doing the repair?

The engineer manual is not available for this model so the hard part is locating the sensor which if it were me would start by removing the display panel and locating the wire on the PCB then trace it back - its normally located behind the rear fridge compartment.

Its rather tricky to free the internal panel without breaking the clips and getting it back in place, but its more about taking time and not forcing it.

Typical cost for an engineer call out is around £80, we dont have experts who can attend site but if you provide your postcode I can recommend some local firms.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
thankyou for your assistance, am checking out the price of a replacement fridge. will think about whether to get it repaired or renew it