Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

We have a bosch integrated dishwasher smv53m00gb16. It is

We have a bosch integrated dishwasher smv53m00gb16. It is showing the tap symbol, it appears to skip to the end of the cycle within a few minutes instead of the full time.
Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's approx 6 yrs are old.
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It's model smv53m00gb/16
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes hopefully

When you start the dishwasher going does it start to fill with water before the check water light comes on?

Or is the drain pump just running all the time?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
There is a noise coming from inside the machine, like a maybe the drain pump? Doesn't appear to be any water coming in. After about 10 seconds the noise stops, there's a pause then water comes in.

Ok so is this when the check water light comes on when it starts to fill?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
the water comes into the machine and it pumps it out (husband has a bucket under this at the moment to see what's happening etc) and when it tries to refill the tap symbol appears, bleeping starts, water continues to pump out, bleeping continues, water keeps draining. Appears as soon as started drain cycle it bleeps and symbol appears but it's draining well.
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
But the inside of the dishwasher is bone dry
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
It's just done a 28 minute cycle in less than about 3 mins. The inside of the machine dry! Yet water draining out.

Ok theres 2 things that cause the check water light to come on and thats either water in the base activating the flood switch or the flow sensor not picking up the flow of water as it starts to fills.

First lean the dishwasher 45 degrees backwards and see if any water comes out from the bottom. If there isn then retry it and see how it goes from there.

But if that doesnt work then its more then likely the flow sensor.

This is a small circuit board located in the plastic filling tank.

This is on the left hand side of the dishwasher with the panel removed.

You would need to replace the flow sensor in there and that should sort the fault.

These flow sensors do fail alot on these.

So try the above and see what happens and let me know.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Ok..... So need to get it out to tip it. It's a 2 man job to get it out. Can I continue this chat tomorrow with you? I don't have 2 people to do it right now....
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Going to try and pull it out now without 2 men.. fingers crossed.

No worries, If you need to carry this on tomorrow when you have help thats not a problem.

But fingers crossed you can get it out on your own.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
It's out...tipped. no water came out. Setting it going again to see what happens.

Ok just listen very carefully on the left side and see if you can hear water entering the dishwasher.

If you do then the flow sensor will be the fault here.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Now it's pulled out we can see the control panel without opening it. It ran some of the cycle then it bleeped and E14 appeared on the panel. When we opened the door that immediately changed to 0:00 (the time?) Looking inside there has been a very small amount of water inside as the spinner has a few drops on it.

E14 is a flow sensor fault so this just confirms the fault.

Remove the left hand side panel and from there you will see the plastic filling tank.

Towards the bottom of this you will see a small circuit board in there with a small wiring block going to it.

This is the flow sensor and you need to replace this and that will cure the fault from there for you.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
How do we get the side off? Force?!

If you open the door you will see a few screws on the side holding the front of the side panel on.

Remove these then you can remove the side panel.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Right the sides off.

You should see it from there towards the bottom of the plastic filling tank.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
It appears to be covered with a semi transparent plastic cap.... Lifts on one side.... How do we get the flow sensor out...screw driver behind it to pop it out?

Yeap. Just pop it out from there and it will come out.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
it does!
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Doesnt look like there's anything wrong with it. So need to get a replacement quickly!
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
The part number on the circuit board says 62095 01..... Will this be the same as the part you listed above?

Just replace that and jobs a gooden.

These fail a lot as its a sensor in there so looking at it you cannot see whats wrong but it will be faulty.

The link i gave before is from Bosch and they are the cheaper place for the part.

Dont go off the number of the pat as thats not always the part number and its always changing anyway. But the one i linked is the correct one.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Speed is the thing for us so I'll check out the link above. Is replacing it as simple as taking it out appeared to be?

The part number is ***** so try a google search and see if any sites have it for next day delivery.

As to fitting its just the reverse of the removal so just push it in and thats it job done.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
All ordered. Many many thanks for your help. Had no idea this website existed. I can see it being useful in the future many times!

Your welcome. Im sure that will get it up and running again from there for you.

And if you need us in the future you now know were we are : )

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I certainly do, thanks again.

Your very welcome.

If you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Thankyou we will. Had the despatched email from Bosch today so it should arrive tomorrow. Will let you know we fitted it all ok and fingers crossed it all works. Thanks again.

Ok hopefully it will arrive tomorrow as Bosch are usually good with there deliverys.

Will await your repile but im sure it will be good news.

I may not reply stright away as weekends on not always online but will reply back as soon as i can

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
The new part arrived today. It was fitted as easily as described and the dishwasher is back in one piece and working again. Thankyou so so much for your help. Will definitely be back on here if we ever get another problem. I've already shared the details with friends!