Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

The controls have stopped working in my Bosch induction hob.

The controls have stopped working in my Bosch induction hob. I have turned it off and on at the mains and held down child lock in case that has been activated (it is not lit) I get a couple of flashes along the panel and then nothing. We have been having brief, almost instant, outages, presumably because of the cold weather.
Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Probably over 10. It was in the house when we bought it. The only instruction we have does not have a model number
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not if it is more than misudnerstanding the controls. If is an internal fuse or something simple maybe yes. But that is unlikely if there is power there as inidicated by the flashes.
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The hob was in use and working normally. When next turned on it wasn't. Not sure i can add more.

Do you have the model number of the hob please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is a Bosch and I think the relevant numbers are E-Nr. PIE651T14E / 01
FD 8902 00468

Thanks for that.

Now if it isnt turning on but you get a few flashes on the panel then we know the power supply is fine.

Im afraid theres no internal fuse in these as its just electronic boards thats all.

If its not powering up then the touch control board under the glass top will be the fault here. Now this will need to be replaced to cure this.

But this isnt a cheap fix as the board itself is £120 so on a 10+ year old hob its not really worth it but thats up to yourself.

If you did want to fix this then you need to remove the hob from the work top and then you can remove the screws holding the glass top on around the sides, Then the glass top will lift off.

There you will see the touch control board and you can swap it over from there.

Click here for the part

But if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. That's helpful.

Your welcome.