Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have rangemasrer I have rangemasrer Assistant: I'll do all

I have rangemasrer I have rangemasrer
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: ihave rangemaster Toledo 110 induction we now have two hogs with an e4 message.
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: possibly if it's just new circuit boards
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No don't think so

E4 is a power board fault. As on these induction hobs theres 1 power board for 2 heat plates. So when you get the E4 on two of the heat plates then im afraid the power board that controls them is faulty.

As on induction when you get faults like this im afraid its always the power board thats the issue. So for this you need to access the underside of the hob top and from there you will see the power boards.

You need to replace the power board for the 2 heat plates thats giving the error code here.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Where is the best place to order these components.

Can you post the full model number please. Its usually on a sticker behind the warming drawer at the bottom or behind one of the doors.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Serial No 8807 004046
We have had the back right hand hob on e4 for sometime. E4 message has only recently also come on back left hand hob.

Sorry i need the model number rather then the serial number. It will be on the same sticker were the serial number was.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Appears they are £300 to 400 each?
Possibly not worth replacing an buy new?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
TOLEDO 110 INDUCTION STAINLESS
Serial No. 8807 004046
Think 8807 could be model number

Im afraid as you have seen these are very expensive so probberly not really worth the repair im afraid.

One option you can try is give Rangemaster a ring and see if they do a repair plan. As some manufactorers do warrent plans for faulty appliances. It can be around £190 for the repair and a 12 month warrenty as thats what other brands do. So worth a try and see what they say.